Paid time off

Taking time away from work is vital to your mental, emotional, and physical well-being. We encourage all Klaviyos to take time to rest, relax, and recharge.

Flexible paid time off (FPTO)

All regular full-time Klaviyos are eligible for unlimited flexible paid time off (FPTO). We strongly encourage our Klaviyos to take a minimum of two weeks off annually, where we really do mean the minimum. Ideally, we’d like to see Klaviyos taking closer to four weeks or more of FPTO per year, and we have committed to each other to lead by example. Klaviyos should enter flexible PTO in Workday. For the U.S. flexible time off policy, please refer to the handbook.

2024 Holidays

The Boston office will be closed on the following 2024 holidays. US employees will have the day off.

New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
President’s Day
March Day of Rest
Memorial Day
Independence Day
August Day of Rest
Labor Day
Indigenous Peoples’ Day
Veterans Day
Christmas Day
Monday, January 1, 2024
Monday, January 15, 2024
Monday, February 19, 2024
Monday, March 11, 2024
Monday, May 27, 2024
Wednesday, June 19, 2024
Thursday, July 4, 2024
Monday, August 12, 2024
Monday, September 2, 2024
Monday, October 14, 2024
Monday, November 11, 2024
Thursday, November 28, 2024
Wednesday, December 25, 2024

Paid parental bonding leave

Adding a new member to your family? You receive 16 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of your salary, or OTE if applicable, so you can bond with your new child. If you’re the birthing parent, you receive an additional six to eight weeks of medical recovery time through short-term disability. Our short-term disability policy pays 60% of your regular earnings, and Klaviyo pays the remaining 40% of your pay for the first six weeks (also called “medical recovery time”), so you can recover after delivery.

Full time Klaviyos are eligible for parental bonding leave as of your date of hire. For more information including how to submit a claim, refer to the policy.

for example

A birthing parent would receive six weeks of medical recovery time (at 100% of pay) plus an additional 16 weeks of paid parental leave.


A sabbatical provides you with a break from your work and allows you to spend more time doing what you love most—hanging with your family, traveling, pursuing a social service project, or simply relaxing. During your sabbatical, your status at Klaviyo is the same as if you were working every day, with the same access to your Klaviyo benefits and perks like any other day.

So thank you for everything you do. Now get out there and take time for you!


Full-time Klaviyos who have been here for 5 years are eligible for 4 weeks of paid time off.

Get the details

Check out the sabbatical policy document and FAQs. Or go to the Klaviyo Wiki page (internal access only) for more information.


Klaviyo Benefits Team