Benefits for a better you – U.K.
Medical and dental? Life insurance? Perks? Whatever you’re looking for, Klaviyo has the benefits and resources to support your and your family’s ever-changing needs.
Who’s eligible for benefits?
You must be actively employed by Klaviyo for you and your dependants to be eligible for any benefits programmes.
Enrolling in your benefits
Klaviyos working in the UK now have a new way to enrol in their Klaviyo benefits: the EMEA Benefits Enrolment Portal. Through this portal, you not only can enrol in benefits, but you can also view your existing benefits and access exclusive discounts.
Are you a new hire?
Your deadline to enrol in your Klaviyo benefits is the end of the month of the date you were hired.
After submitting your new hire elections, you can only make changes within the month you were hired; otherwise, you’ll have to wait until the next enrolment period, unless you have a qualifying life event.
To make changes to your new hire elections, email HR@klaviyo.com for help.
Qualifying life event
If you experience a qualifying life event, such as a marriage or divorce, the birth of a baby, or adoption of a child, you’re eligible to make changes to your benefits through Workday by the end of the month in which the event occurred.
Better health? Own it. Live your life to the fullest with benefits and resources that support your overall wellbeing.
Klaviyo offers comprehensive private medical insurance through Vitality for all our UK employees and their eligible family members. You’re immediately eligible for coverage, and your previous medical history is disregarded.
How much you pay
The percentage that you and Klaviyo cover for you and any enrolled dependants is:
- Employees: Klaviyo pays 100% of the monthly premium.
- Spouse: Klaviyo pays 80% of the monthly premium; you pay 20%.
- Children: Both you and Klaviyo pay 50% of the monthly premium.
The amount you pay is through payroll deductions.
- Inpatient, day-patient, and outpatient hospital fees and surgical procedures
- Advanced cancer support, including cover for various therapies, follow-up consultations and specified equipment to support treatment
- Therapies cover, including chiropractic, osteopathy, chiropody/podiatry, acupuncture, homoeopathy, and dietician services
- Mental health programmes and resources, including treatments such as psychiatry, counselling, and talking therapies
There’s a £0 excess for services received, so you don’t pay any upfront costs for treatment.
Your private medical insurance also includes a rewards programme—receive 50% off a gym membership at Virgin Active, Nuffield Health, David Lloyd, or PureGym gyms, one Caffe Nero coffee drink per week, 12 company-paid cinema tickets per year, merchandise discounts, and more.
Klaviyo’s private medical insurance includes dental cover for you and your dependants, so you can manage the cost of dental care throughout the year. The policy subsidises the costs of treatment from a private dentist (up to annual limits) for different types of routine dental treatment. Cover includes:
- Preventive treatment (routine exams, scale, polish, X-rays)
- Restorative treatment (fillings, extractions, major restorative treatment)
- Full cover for NHS treatment
- Dental injury and emergency treatment
- Orthodontic treatment (where eligible)
As part of our continued efforts to make Klaviyo a remarkable place to work and allow you to feel like you can bring your whole self to Klaviyo, we’re introducing Modern Health as a new employee benefit for all Klaviyos and their families.
Modern Health is a wellness platform that makes it simple for you to access personalised care for life’s ups and downs—whether at work, home, or in your relationships. When you log in to Modern Health for the first time, you’ll answer a few questions about your wellbeing* and then be thoughtfully guided to resources that align with your specific needs and preferences.
Watch this brief video about Modern Health to learn how to access care.
How can Modern Health benefit you?
- Personalised support: Receive support in the areas that matter to you—whether that’s stress and anxiety, burnout, parenting, work performance, relationships, challenging life events, finances, and more.
- Mental resilience: Gain clarity on how to navigate challenges in your life, create healthy habits, build confidence, and improve your overall mental wellbeing.
- Community: Find group support sessions designed to be safe spaces to listen, share, and learn with others.
- Eight one-to-one sessions per year with a certified mental health professional or a financial wellbeing coach
- Eight one-to-one sessions per year with a licensed clinical therapist in your country (with a guarantee of scheduling an appointment within two business days). This service is free to Klaviyos enrolled in our medical plan. It will not affect your access to mental healthcare—including clinical therapy—through your medical plan.
- Unlimited group support sessions (Circles)
- A library of guided meditations and self-paced digital courses
- Personalised and specialised work-life support for you and your whole family, including (but not limited to) people leader services, therapy for minors, ADHD coaching, couples counselling, eldercare, parenting, and caregiving
- Ongoing wellbeing assessments to track your wellbeing over time
Once registered, you can download the mobile app if you prefer to access services.
All employees should have the Modern Health app in their Okta dashboard, and all new hires will receive a welcome email before the end of their first week to register! Once registered, you can download the mobile app if you prefer to access that way as well!
* This data will be processed under each country’s relevant data protection regulation (such as HIPAA and GDPR, for example).
More money? Love it. Saving for your retirement provides you with financial security for your future.
Klaviyo’s group pension scheme helps you plan and save for your retirement on a tax-favoured basis.
You’re automatically enrolled in our group pension scheme, through Aviva, within your first month of employment.
Every year, Klaviyo will contribute an amount equal to 5% of your salary, provided you contribute at least 5% of your salary through salary sacrifice. With salary sacrifice, you agree to give up part of your contractual gross salary in return for non-cash benefits, such as pension contributions. The amount you give up is taken from your gross salary and paid straight into your pension as a contribution.
You do not pay any tax or National Insurance Contributions (NICs) on the amount you contribute, which helps you maximise your take-home pay.
You can opt out of the scheme at any time, but Klaviyo will automatically re-enrol you every three years.
Take charge of your finances with Bippit financial coaching services. Bippit offers ongoing support and coaching from qualified financial professionals. Plus, you have access to a wealth of tools and resources to help you with saving and investing your money, decreasing debt, managing retirement tax, and more.
Get started today. Register at Bippit with your email address.
Klaviyo provides financial security for you and your family with life insurance through Unum. If you die, life insurance provides a lump-sum payment to your designated beneficiaries. Cover is equal to 4 times your annual base salary.
Beginning on 1 April 2023, all UK Klaviyos are covered under our income protection benefit through Unum. This cover provides financial support if you’re unable to work due to illness or injury.
After a 13-week waiting period, you’ll receive 50% of your salary for up to 5 years. You’re automatically covered up to £150,000 per year. If your salary exceeds £150,000 per year, you can request a higher benefit level by submitting an application or calling Unum underwriting at 0345 601 2177 to discuss your medical history.
For more information, visit Unum.
More perks? Yes, please. Your health and your money are important to living your best life, but so are these added Klaviyo benefits.
Discover your perks
From paid holidays to reimbursements, we’ve got the perks to meet your needs and fit your lifestyle.
Learning reimbursement and books program
Always learning? Get reimbursed. Klaviyos are always learning—and always trying to become better teammates, managers, subject-matter experts, and all-around humans. We want to reward you for that!
Learning for your lifestyle
Klaviyo reimburses you up to £2,500 annually for learning and training expenses: building skills that will make you successful in your current role or in future roles at Klaviyo. We are happy to announce that you can use this benefit for personal learning as well, effective with the transition to Forma. This benefit perk will be reimbursed through Forma in 2023.
Klaviyo Books Program
Our always-learning value extends beyond the typical workday. Whether you’re relaxing with a novel, reading about technology, or learning more about social justice, you can be reimbursed for the books you buy. If you’re better off for having read it or listened to it, we’ll pay for it. This benefit perk will be reimbursed through Forma in 2023.
New work-from-home Klaviyos are reimbursed £750 (through Forma in 2023) within the first 6 months of employment for the purchase of tools and equipment they need to be effective while working remotely. Chat about your needs with your manager before purchasing supplies.
New this spring—Klaviyo’s Cycle to Work benefit
Check back for details about this exciting new benefit.
Klaviyo knows how important it is to be mentally strong and physically fit. That’s why Klaviyo rewards you for improving your emotional, physical, and financial health. Klaviyos receive up to £160 per year (through Forma in 2023) to use for gym memberships, home exercise equipment, massages, nutritional advice, financial counselling, and more.
Review the wellness reimbursement policy for complete details.
Claim your cash
Here’s a recap of how much Klaviyo will reimburse you for eligible expenses for each programme within Forma. Any unused funds will be forfeited at the end of the applicable period noted below. Policies that detail eligible expenses, claim submission, and reimbursement details can all be found directly within the Forma platform.
*Don’t fret! Books are still unlimited—if you go over the £200 monthly limit, we’ll add more funds to your wallet! Email HR@klaviyo.com if you need additional funds added to your wallet.
How to submit a claim
After 1 January 2023, if you pay out of pocket for an eligible expense, you may choose to submit a reimbursement claim through the Forma portal.
- Please make sure that your item name, purchase date, and purchase amount are visible on the receipt. If this information is not visible, your claim will be rejected. If available, please also have your name on the receipt.
- For purchases made in apps such as Venmo and PayPal or online courses with recurring charges, please submit a screenshot or print screen of the charge and payment.
- Purchases made prior to 1 January 2023 will continue to be reimbursed through Concur and must be submitted before 31 March 2023. Claims incurred in 2022 that are not submitted before 31 March 2023 will not be reimbursed. Please review the T&E wiki for policy details.
To determine where to submit your reimbursement, follow the flow chart below:
You can use the Forma app to easily upload receipts and submit claims.
You can access Forma with the Okta tile on your dashboard. If you are missing the tile, please email IT@klaviyo.com. If you’re enrolling for the first time, please use your Klaviyo email address.
Receiving and spending funds
With your allowance, you can shop in Forma’s online store where you’ll enjoy up to 30% off from Forma vendor partners! You do not need to submit a request for reimbursement when you purchase products through the Forma store. These items are already approved under your programme policy.
We recommend adding your personal credit card information to Forma’s portal. If an item from the store exceeds your available Klaviyo-funded balance, it will be denied. You can pay the difference using your personal credit or debit card and still enjoy the discount.
How to add your personal card
Log on to Forma’s portal through Okta. Under Account Settings, select Payments and navigate to Link Card. Enter your personal credit card information to supplement purchases that cost more than the amount you have in your account.
Note: If you do not add a personal card to your Forma account, purchases larger than your stipend amount will be rejected.
When can I expect my reimbursement?
Where should I go with questions?
Remember: Any claims incurred in 2022 will be reimbursed through Concur. Any questions pertaining to 2022 claims should be directed to Klaviyo’s Travel & Expense team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Klaviyo Benefits Team
0345 279 8856 (Health Advice Line)
0345 609 0111
0800 158 3142